It’s the time of year when most of us spruce up the home for the holiday season. We strive to put our best foot forward and prevent disapproving looks from persnickety people.
“We all spend so much time decorating the house for the holidays, and we’re always looking for that special something to be the perfect finishing touch on our efforts,” said Ruth Terray, who owns and operates the Budget Blinds franchise serving the West Hartford, Avon, Farmington, Newington and Wethersfield areas. “Bundling your current window treatments can give you the wow factor you want.”
Bundling refers to the practice of combining two or more classic window treatments on one window to provide a richer, more finished look.
Here are a few more ways to wow your holiday guests:
- Deck the windows with drapery panels! Drapery panels allow you to change the look of your window setting without having to order all new window treatments. If your windows are covered with blinds, roller shades or cellular shades, add a drapery treatment with a little shimmer for the holiday season. Buy another set with a little less shimmer for everyday use.
- Some interior decorators create seasonal looks for rooms so the home décor matches the season. Staying within the same color palette, choose accessories a few tones lighter for spring and summer and a few tones darker tones for fall and winter. Do the same with your drapery panels, area rugs and throw pillows! Add some holiday accents that coordinate with your décor.
- Drapery hardware and accessories are great to give your window settings a little extra holiday sparkle. Change out a finial, which is the end cap of a drapery rod, for a little extra glimmer. Add a cornice box or a decorative valance above your windows for an extra decorative touch.
- Give your holiday décor the spotlight by giving your non-holiday items the season off! Store your non-holiday items in a safe place during the holidays, then bring them out when the holidays conclude. You’ll appreciate not having as many items to dust during the holidays, and the house will feel less empty when you replace your holiday décor with your treasured favorites.
- If traditional holiday colors clash with your holiday décor, choose decorations in colors that complement your décor! The visual calm will make your holidays a little nicer.
SAFETY TIP: Candles are ubiquitous around the holidays, but play it safe to ensure a happy holiday season!
- Never leave lit candles unattended.
- Keep flames away from drapery, upholstery and other fabrics.
- Display candles on sturdy surfaces and keep plenty of clearance above them.
- Never use candles on trees or other holiday foliage.
About Budget Blinds of West Hartford
Budget Blinds of West Hartford began operation in July 2011 and is owned and operated by Ruth Terray. The company proudly serves homeowners and businesses in the West Hartford, Avon, Farmington, Newington and Wethersfield areas offering complementary in-home estimates and consultations, professional measuring and installation, and a rich selection of quality window treatments including shutters, blinds, draperies, shades, and window film. Budget Blinds works with nearly 30 leading window covering manufacturers and offers its own private label line of window treatments, Signature Series®.
About Home Franchise Concepts
The founders of Budget Blinds, Inc. created Home Franchise Concepts, a privately-owned franchise company based in Orange, Calif., in 2006 to be the parent company to Budget Blinds and future sister franchise concepts. Home Franchise Concepts brands have been recognized for excellence by entities such as: Entrepreneur, Inc., AllBusiness.com AllStar, Franchise Times, and Franchise Business Review.
For more information, please contact Ruth Terray, Budget Blinds of West Hartford at 860-467-6065.