New Canaan is known for its , and none is more famous than . Built in 1949, the house sits on a 47-acre estate with 13 other architectural structures Johnson designed over the years. Johnson (1906-2005), who spent the last years of his life on the property, gave the Glass House to the National Trust for Historic Preservation, so that it would be available to the public.
Tours leave from the Glass House Visitor Center, located across from the New Canaan train station, and must be booked in advance.
Where: Glass House Visitor Center
199 Elm Street
New Canaan, CT
Price: $30 per ticket
Tickets by Phone: 866-811-4111