The Class of 2013 student profile for the University of Connecticut’s School of Business provides interesting insight into those going through UConn to make their mark on the business world. The university’s website reports the stats are an indication of the program’s “success in recruiting top-notch talent from a myriad of backgrounds.” Of particular note:
- 69% of the students are male, 31% are female
- 50% are from the United States, 50% are international students
- Among the states represented are Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin
- Among the nations represented are China, India, Japan, Serbia, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam and the U.S.
- The undergraduate degrees of the MBA students are 31% business, 21% humanities/social studies, 17% engineering, 11% math/physical science, 7% economics, and 2% information science/computer science.
- The average years of work experience is 5.1
- The average age is 28
The UConn School of Business was recently ranked among the Top 40 programs in North America and Top 200 worldwide for three graduate programs.
There's more to the story at http://ctbythenumbers.info/2013/02/21/international-students-are-half-of-uconn-mba-class-of-2013/