1. Besides Presidential Debate Day, this is also National Boss's Day, World Food Day, and National Dictionary Day, which gives West Hartford many reasons to celebrate — particularly since was born and lived right here in our town.
2. There's still time to buy a Kidscard for this year's program, which allows shoppers to save 20 percent at 75 participating locations from Oct. 25 to Nov. 3. One hundred percent of the Kidscard purchase price ($50) will go to support the Neonatal Intensive Care Units at Connecticut Children's Medical Center.
3. Tighten your core for a good cause. PiLates for Pink will take place tonight from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Ballet Theatre Company (20 Jefferson Ave.) and on Thursday, Oct. 18, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. All proceeds from the class will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
4. Sports photographer Karen Sandler keeps us informed about West Hartford Youth Field Hockey through our Local Voices section. If you follow a team and want to share them with our readers in West Hartford, join the team by contacting Ronni.email@example.com.
5. Quote: Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein