The January 2012 issue of Connecticut Magazine includes the publication's annual Readers' Choice Best Restaurants list, and several establishments in Central Connecticut garnered statewide honors.
The magazine has culled for you the best of the best in a wide range of categories; a winner was chosen in each of Connecticut's counties in most categories. Of course, many Hartford County favorites are in West Hartford but a few are scattered around the Farmington Valley.
Here are the winners in our area:
- Best Mexican/ Latin American (statewide winner) – , West Hartford
- Best Indian: , West Hartford
- Best Bistro: West Hartford
- Best BBQ: , Southington
- Best Family Dining: , Canton
- Best Appetizer: West Hartford
- Best Lunch: , West Hartford
- Best Outdoor Dining: , Avon
- Best Service: , West Hartford
- Best Value: , Farmington/Newington
- Best Vegetarian: Bombay Olive, West Hartford
- Best Hidden Gem: , Avon
- Best New Restaurant: , Southington
Tell us if you agree with the list or share recommendations for your local favorites.