Welcome to this week's installment of West Hartford Business Buzz!
Like many activities and events, this column experienced a storm-related delay this week and is appearing on Monday. It will return to Sunday next week.
People in West Hartford love to be "in the know" about happenings in town, especially the openings – and closings – of local businesses.
We hear things all the time, and some of them turn into big stories. But sometimes we don't have enough news to write an entire story, even though the information is definitely newsworthy. For a while we ran a "Visions for Vacancies" feature on Sundays, but it was getting to be difficult to find vacancies every week.
Every Sunday we'll highlight the business stories you may have missed during the past week, and give you the scoop on the other news you may not have heard about. And if you have tips about businesses opening or closing, please include them in the comments or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's this week's round-up:
- Accessible Home opened last week at 1003 Farmington Ave., next to S.K. Lavery. The business, owned by Lisa T. Gabrielle, has products to make homes accessible to customers with physical limitations. Look for a feature story soon.
- West Hartford Massage Spot opened their second location at 62 Lasalle Road, Suite 213 on Feb. 1. The therapeutic massage therapy practice offers Deep Tissue Massage, Swedish Massage, Sports Massage, Thai Massage, Facial Rejuvenation Massage, Foot Massage, and Couples Massage "in a friendly, nurturing environment." For more information visit www.Westhartfordmassagespot.com or call 860-558-2083.
- We announced last week that La Perla Fine Jewelers is leaving Blue Back Square. Look for details about the new location coming soon!
- Westfarms Mall will welcome several new-to-market retailers this year, and the main entrance will also be getting a facelift. The details can be found by clicking here.
- Several business-related announcements posted by Patch readers include Bank of America's donation to Nutmeg Big Brothers Big Sisters and BlumShapiro's sponsorship of Lessons in Leadership.