Welcome to this week's installment of West Hartford Business Buzz!
People in West Hartford love to be "in the know" about happenings in town, especially the openings — and closings — of local businesses.
We hear things all the time, and some of them turn into big stories. But sometimes we don't have enough news to write an entire story, even though the information is definitely newsworthy. For a while we ran a "Visions for Vacancies" feature on Sundays, but it was getting to be difficult to find vacancies every week.
Every Sunday we'll highlight the business stories you may have missed during the past week, and give you the scoop on the other news you may not have heard about. And if you have tips about businesses opening or closing, please include them in the comments or send an email to email@example.com.
- A tip from a reader clued us in to the news that Elise O'Mara, a life-long resident, has opened her new, full service hair salon in West Hartford Center. Top Level Salon is located on the second floor of 36 Lasalle Rd., in the space previously occupied by Shish's hookah lounge. The lounge has moved down the hall and is accessible through the Shish Kabob House. For more information about Top Level call 860-206-4552 salon or cell: 860-356-6042.
- Shiny Nail & Spa is celebrating its grand opening at 993-B Farmington Ave. For more information call 860-233-8663.
- McLadden's Irish Publick House hosted its annual St. Patrick's Day parade last Sunday. More than 100 celebrated in West Hartford Center.
- We reported on the closing of Camille Bridal Couture earlier this year. Although the doors are closed, a sign in the window indicates that not all of the inventory was sold. Interested customers can still call 860-233-1203 if interested in a dress.
- Grafix, which closed its West Hartford location at Sedgwick Rd. and South Main, has consolidated operations with its parent, Signs Plus, in East Granby.
- Rockville Bank, which recently opened on LaSalle Road in West Hartford Center, announced on Patch that Vince Martino has been hired as an Infinex Investment Executive and Vice President of Rockville Financial Services.
- Also featured in this week's announcements, BlumShapiro has donated more than $56,000 to the United Way.