The February issue of Connecticut Magazine includes a list of the state's "best" restaurants in a variety of categories – rated not by just average diners but by 89 "dining-out experts."
Those experts, who included reviewers, food writers, editors, cookbook authors, bloggers, and others, chose their favorite restaurants in 25 different categories.
While West Hartford missed out on "Best Overall" honors, many of the town's favorites topped other categories.
Connecticut Magazine's overall assessment resulting from this survey: "The dining-out firmament in Connecticut is as rich as ever."
West Hartford winners are:
- Best Mexican/Latin: Besito, (Honorable Mention) Cora Cora
- Best Indian: (Honorable Mention) Taste of India
- Best Seafood: (Honorable Mention) Max's Oyster Bar
- Best Pub: (Honorable Mention) The Corner Pug
- Best Steak: Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
- Best Prime Rib: (Honorable Mention) Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
- Best Appetizers: Barcelona, (Honorable Mention) Bricco
- Best Desserts: Grants
- Best for Families: Rizzuto's
Tell us if you agree with the experts, or share recommendations for your local favorites.