1. Miller's Crossing at 74 Park Road is celebrating its grand opening tonight from 7-9 p.m. with martinis, hors d’oeuvres, and gifts for attendees. The store describes itself as selling "one of a kind furniture and decorative accessories with a past, crossed with the potential to be reimagined for the future." If that's not imaginative, what is?
2. Are you a business professional looking for leads? Well, bring your business cards this morning to West Hartford Connections at Town Hall from 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. This monthly leads exchange group gives business professionals the opportunity to connect with others doing business in the West Hartford area.
3. It's Improv Comedy night at Elmwood Community Center and the $10 admission fee goes to the center. According to organizers, "Scenes, games, songs, and monologues will be created on the spot based on audience suggestions. Performers' ages range from 31-66."
4. What a perfect topic for fall! Local Voices blogger Janice Weinstein tell us how to de-clutter a room before bringing anything new in.
5. Quote: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. - Sir Winston Churchill