1. If you're not already shopping for the holidays, you're at least looking. So look (or shop) today at the Mandell JCC’s Unique Shopping Boutique from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Proceeds benefit the Family Room Parenting Center and Adult Special Needs programs.
2. The Connecticut Chapter of the American Parkinson's Disease Association meets on the second Tuesday of each month at the West Hartford Senior Center at 3:30 p.m. Find support and learn about the disease.
3. Mark your calendars for the Holiday Stroll, Thursday, Dec. 6, 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. It seems to get bigger and more popular every year, but all the usual elements remain. According to the Blue Back Square website, you can expect "visits with Santa and Mrs. Claus, horse drawn carriage rides, musical performances, holiday treats, merchant specials and more."
4. Dr. Heather M. Veronesi, one of our Local Voices, offers some timely information about staying healthy during cold and flu season.
5. Quote: A doctor is the only man without a guaranteed cure for the cold. - Dominic Cleary