1. There are some talented young artists in town who could benefit from this topic. The West Hartford Art League will host author Paul Dorrell, author of "Living the Artist's Life: A Guide to Growing, Persevering, and Succeeding in the Art World," tonight at 7 p.m. for a talk followed by a book signing.
2. Another author will be speaking at the West Hartford Library at 6:30 p.m. He's Brian Leaf, who wrote "Misadventures of a Garden State Yogi: My Humble Quest to Heal My Colitis, Calm My ADD, and Find the Key to Happiness."
3. At 1 p.m., the West Hartford Senior Center will host a Veterans Salute. According to the listing: "Join Bob Mel as he salutes all veterans with a fun afternoon filled with our favorite patriotic songs. Wear red, white and blue to show your support! Apple pie and ice cream will be served.
4. Kingswood Oxford has an Open House planned for 6 p.m. tonight that's specifically for student athletes and their parents interested in learning more about the school's programs.
5. Quote: I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally. ― W.C. Fields