1. At 6:30 p.m. tonight, Women for Change will unveil its calendar at the University of Hartford. The calendar features 45 women who are students, staff, faculty, and alumnae of the University of Hartford. According to the group, "The ... calendar celebrates a new kind of calendar girl allowing us to experience alternative and diverse images of women that combat the narrow view of women that we see every day. Stories range from “free to … break the ‘disabled’ stereotype' to 'free to…embrace my sexuality.'” The $10 price of the calendar supports CT Girlcott (www.ctgirlcott.org), whose mission is "to raise consciousness and money for women and girls."
2. With only two weeks to go before Turkey Day, head out to the Raymond Road Whole Foods today to taste the store's Thanksgiving menu from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Items include cornbread and sausage stuffing, cranberry-orange relish, vegan options, and turkey.
3. Sadly, the community lost West Hartford artist Eve Olitski, 64, just this week, but her work will continue to be shown at the EBK Gallery in West Hartford until Nov. 21, according to The Hartford Courant.
4. If you love watching the caravan of wagons wind its way from Morley School to Town Hall, the Red Wagon Food Drive has been rescheduled from Nov. 7 to Nov. 13 because of the weather.
5. Quote: As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. - John Fitzgerald Kennedy