1. Yes, it's called the Hartford Marathon, but it comes through West Hartford as well, and that means rescheduling some of your Saturday morning errands to get around closed streets from 7:30 until 10:30 a.m. For a detailed map of the streets used for the race, visit www.inghartfordmarathon.com and click on the Traffic Alert section under Course Information.
2. Northwest Catholic High School set out to raise $500,000 by Sept. 30 and managed to surpass that with a total of $543,000 in gifts and pledges in honor of its 50th anniversary.
3. This isn't exclusive to West Hartford, but today is 10-11-12. Write out some checks just for the fun of it!
4. The West Hartford Art League hosts an opening reception for Tale of Concrete and Clouds, an exhibit of new work by artist Andres Montiel, tonight from 6-9 p.m. Tale of Concrete and Clouds will be shown from Oct. 11 to Oct. 28.
5. Quote: “…that best portion of a good man’s life, his little, nameless, unremembered, acts of kindness and of love.” - William Wordsworth