1. What goes together better than brunch and politics? Linda McMahon and Chris Murphy have already debated four times on television, but if you want to hear the two candidates for U.S. Senate outside of that sort of charged format, here's your chance. The public is invited to a political forum on Sunday, Oct. 28, at 9:30 a.m. at Beth El Temple in West Hartford that also includes brunch.
2. Beginning today, applications will be available for the Bugbee, Charter Oak, Smith and Webster Hill 2013-2014 full-day prekindergarten programs. You can pick up the applications in all West Hartford elementary school offices, in the residency office (room 154) at the Town Hall and on the West Hartford Public Schools website www.whps.org Enrollment is based on a lottery system.
3. Silicon Valley? Here? Apparently the Connecticut Valley was "America's first high-tech industrial corridor" in the 19th Century. William Hosley will give a free lecture on the topic at 5:30 p.m. tonight at the Connecticut Historical Society, 1 Elizabeth St., Hartford.
4. Do you follow West Hartford Patch on Twitter (@whartfordpatch)? Do you want us to follow you or your business? Let us know.
5. Quote: People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election. - Otto von Bismarck