1. Beer tastes better when consumed in historic homes. Or at least it might, so find out at the Noah Webster House tonight at 7 p.m. Several New England brewers, including City Steam and Relic brewing, will be featured at the Beer Tasting event. Tickets are $20 at the door.
2. More tasting will happen at Flemings restaurant, starting at 5 p.m., in the latest installment of "Tastes N' Toasts," which is hosted by a different restaurant each week at Blue Back Square. The evening includes discounted drinks, appetizers and/or meal specials for a $10 donation. Covenant to Care will benefit from tonight's event.
3. If tasting and/or toasting isn't your thing, consider checking out a college soccer game at the University of Hartford. The men's soccer team hosts the New Hampshire Wildcats at Al-MarzookField at 7 p.m.
4. Did you know that we have a Jobs page on West Hartford Patch? Post an opening or search what's available.
5. Quote: You can find your way across this country using burger joints the way a navigator uses stars. - Charles Kuralt