1. Once again, it's the time of year to give to a great cause and buy yourself a discount in West Hartford Center stores. The Kidscard costs $50, but 100 percent of the price goes to support the Neonatal Intensive Care Units (NICUs) at Connecticut Children's Medical Center. The discounts don't start until late October, but you can buy your card online now. Here's the info.
2. Vino and a Show: Companions for Living, a West-Hartford based agency that provides home care services for seniors and people with disabilities, will present award-winning Sea Tea Improv at West Hartford’s Playhouse on Park tonight from 6-9 p.m., and proceeds will benefit the Alzheimer’s Association’s Connecticut Chapter.
3. Attention dog lovers! You can learn all about the temperament of different breeds at Elmwood Community Center tonight at 6:30 p.m. From the event listing: "Bring your questions and take home resource materials regarding breed descriptions, local breeders and local rescue groups."
4. Did you know that you can find all of our election stories on one page? Keeping checking back as we get closer to Election Day for coverage you won't find anywhere else.
5. Quote: Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. - Confucius