Start the journey towards certification...
as a Certified Dementia Practitioner through the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners.
This is the required seminar for those pursuing CDP certification and who qualify through the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners. To see if you qualify, please visit the NCCDP website at www.nccdp.org. This seminar does not automatically result in certification.
You may also participate in this educational seminar without pursuing certification.
Dedication to Caring for Persons with Dementia
People with chronic memory problems significant enough to impact daily functioning and language or problem solving have dementia. Working with them requires specialized skills and understanding. This seminar will provide students with a firm foundation in managing the challenges of working with people with dementia.
This comprehensive seminar includes:
- Diagnosis and prognosis
- Feelings and depression
- Repetitive behaviors
- Aggressive behaviors
- Catastrophic Reactions
- Intimacy and sexuality
- Personal care
- Staff & Family Support
- Diversity and Cultural Competence
- Spiritual Care and End of life
Date and Location
December 12, 2012
at Hoffman SummerWood Community
160 Simsbury Road
West Hartford, CT 06117
8:00 am to 5:30 pm
Cost - $200 per person
(includes full-day training, continental breakfast, lunch and training handouts)
To register / information
CEU/CEC may be available for nurses and social workers at your own expense. Please ask the instructor when you register.
- Up-to-date information about conditions which effect memory
- Improved knowledge of symptoms such as wandering, aggression or paranoia
- Increased understanding of Alzheimer’s and pain, spirituality, and diversity
YOU SHOULD ATTEND
- If you work in home care, long term care, or community services supporting persons with dementia.
- If you have a family member with dementia and want to know cutting-edge care practices.
- If you are a nurse, social worker, rehab therapist, physician, administrator, recreation therapist, or other geriatric-health professional, elder law attorney, resident service coordinator, or geriatric care manager.
About the Instructor
Pamela K. Atwood, MA, CDP, CLL
With more than 20 years experience, Pamela Atwood has worked with people with dementia in a variety of settings, including long term care, home care, adult day health and assisted living facilities. She has also been an educator in a variety of settings including college classrooms, conferences, inservice workshops and online. She is a Certified Alzheimer’s & Dementia Instructor for the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners (NCCDP) and has been a Certified Dementia Practitioner since 2007.