‘Tis the season. What better holiday gift to yourself could there be than the home of your dreams in West Hartford?
Here are the top 5 reasons Kara & Tracey believe now is the time:
1. Interest rates are at historic lows; In fact, they're so low, some people are stunned. And as the mortgage brokers never fail to point out, the lower the interest rate you get, the more house you can afford to buy.
2. Mortgage money is readily available. That is, if you have a job, a down payment and a solid credit history. Although your lender may put you through the hoop before issuing a loan commitment; if you're a qualified buyer you will have nothing to worry about.
3. Sellers may be more negotiable this time of year. I see it happen every year during the fourth quarter -- sellers who've been unrealistic about their home's value, or unwilling to compromise on their price, frequently soften and respond positively to reasonable offers.
4. Properties that have been on the market for a while may represent especially good values. These are the homes that just haven't sold, despite price reduction after price reduction by serious sellers. Most of them need work, so they're not for everyone. But if you're up to the task, now is the time of year during which you just might get a bargain.
5. There are fewer buyers out looking during the holiday season. Because not as many people shop for homes this time of year, there will be less competition for the property that you fall in love with. If a motivated seller owns that house, you may enjoy an advantage in negotiations that you would not normally have.
Want to get started? Give us a call. We’d be happy to help!
Kara Flanagan Tracey Hollerbach