1. Tired of filling up your recycling bin with magazines? The West Hartford Public Library now offers downloadable magazines through a grant from the West Hartford Library Foundation – Thomas F. Kilfoil Bequest. Visit the library’s downloadable books and magazines page or call 860-561-6990 to get started.
2. Whiting Lane School holds a fundraiser tonight at Mooyah between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the school, so all you have to do is eat!
3. If you already forgot what's in item No. 1, you might want to check out this "Memory Matters" class today at 1 p.m. at the JCC. According to the class description, "Explore metacognition, retention strategies, mindfulness, and more in this interactive and challenging course."
4. Among our Local Voices this week is Architect Ira A. Henowitz offering design tips for the numerous families finding two, three or four generations under one roof.
5. Quote: If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, what is the significance of a clean desk? - Laurence J. Peter