1. If you still haven't registered to vote and want to do it by mail, applications must be post-marked by today. We've got all the details on how and where to vote in West Hartford, not to mention what's on the ballot.
2. The University of Saint Joseph has an interesting "Lunch and Learn" program planned for today on bullying. It's offered by faculty and students who are "working across disciplines with an inner city charter school to understand how, why, where and when bullying occurs and to develop programs designed to increase mutually respectful interactions among all participants in the school environment." There is a fee for attending, so for more information, click here.
3. Remember the case of the woman who spilled coffee on herself and sued McDonald's? A documentary about the case will be shown tonight at 6:30 p.m. at the West Hartford Public Library. You may think you know what that case was all about, but "Hot Coffee," which won the Grand Jury Prize at the Seattle International Film Festival, may surprise you. Attorney Tim O’Keefe of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association will lead a post-film discussion.
4. It's not too early to send in your photo for Patch's "Best Halloween Costume in America" contest. Just snap a picture and upload it to our gallery.
5. Quote: You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you. - Dale Carnegie