At a meeting of the Town Council's Community Planning and Physical Services Committee, Director of Community Services Mark McGovern said that the following projects are at various stages of planning:
- Walgreens at the corner of Prospect Ave. and Farmington Ave. is looking to demolish its current building and construct a new, 14,000-square-foot building. The developer is working with the owners of Tangiers International Food Market, who are tenants of the Walgreens' building at 688 Farmington Ave., to find a new location in West Hartford.
- An application can be expected to be filed for a Delamar Hotel, McGovern said. Currently, there is just one motel in town, and a hotel has been in discussions for a number of years. The committee also discussed a proposed ordinance that would permit hotels to provide full-service dining.
- Sears, located at 1445 New Britain Ave., is expected to seek revisions to its special development district to subdivide its space to construct a new store, McGovern said.
- Jared Jewelers filed an application with the town on Monday to construct a 6,000-square-foot building at Corbin's Corner near Best Buy.
- Further discussions are expected on the demolition of the vacant building at 24 N. Main St. to make way for the construction of an 18-unit residential complex.
- Another housing complex is expected to be on the table at 2432 Albany Ave.
[Clarification] The original story stated that the projects would be up for approval in January. They will likely be up for approval throughout the first quarter for 2014.