For active duty military personnel and their families, this summer could be a fun and educational one. Select Connecticut museums will offer free admission for the season, which runs through Labor Day.
The National Endowment of the Arts, Blue Star Families and the Department of Defense have teamed up with more than 1,500 museums nationwide to create the Blue Star Museums program benefiting military families.
Participating museums across the country will offer free admission to personnel and their families starting on Memorial Day and continuing through Labor Day.
Here's the state's participating museums, as listed on the Blue Star Museum website's interactive map:
- Butler-McCook House & Garden
- Connecticut Historical Society
- Harriet Beecher Stowe Center
- Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art
- CTSSAR Jonathan Trumbull War Office
- Jonathan Trumbull Jr. House Museum
- Lebanon Historical Society Museum
- Lyman Allyn Art Museum
- New London County Historical Society - Shaw Mansion
- New London Maritime Society
- The Old Woodbury Historical Society & Hurd House Museum